City University London – School of Informatics. The School of Informatics offers a number of scholarships of £2,000 for both home and overseas well-qualified postgraduate students on the following one year full-time master’s courses:
Geographic Information Systems, Information Systems & Technology, Business Systems Analysis & Design, Information Science, Data Mining, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, e-Business Systems, Information Systems, Electronic Publishing, Pharmaceutical Information Management, Human-centred Systems, Information Management, Library and Information Studies, Geographic Information Management, Information Management in the Cultural Sector, Health Informatics, and Healthcare Technologies.
Scholarships will be offered to both home and overseas well-qualified applicants wishing to take up a place on any of the above courses in September 2008.The scholarships, each valued at £2,000, are intended to assist students to pay the fees for their chosen course of study. They will be awarded on a competitive basis to the most promising applicants.
How to apply
Complete an application form for your chosen programme of study, attaching a letter stating that you also wish to be considered for an Informatics Scholarship. Exceptionally well qualified applicants will be offered a scholarship at the time we make an offer of a place on the programme.
Deadlines for application
We will consider applications at three points in the year. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, please make sure we receive your COMPLETE application form (ie complete references, transcripts etc) and letter by one of these dates.
- Round 1: 1 January 2008
- Round 2: 30 April 2008
- Round 3: 30 June 2008
Terms and conditions
- Scholarships are awarded at the sole discretion of the Course Director. Course Directors may require applicants to submit an assignment or an essay, for example, as part of the selection process.
- Scholarships are only available to students paying the full fee on one of the participating courses.
- The scholarship is intended to assist the student meet the cost of the fee payable in respect of the course and will be deducted from the fees charged to the student or the student’s sponsor.
- The scholarship will not be recorded on the degree certificate from the University. However, references for students who have successfully completed the course may refer to the scholarship.
- Applicants may only apply for a scholarship once, but if a deadline is missed it will automatically be considered for the next round.
Note that anyone who applied for the scholarships under previous rules will automatically be considered under the new rules.
Tel: 020 7040 0248
Note that School of Informatics scholarships are open to all well-qualified full time postgraduate applicants, without restrictions.
Scholarships, bursaries, awards, and funding for entry 2008. Computing and Information Science Postgraduate Scholarships at School of Informatics – City University London.