Applications are invited for scholarships funded by the British Government for Postgraduate study in the UK during the 2008/09 academic year. This year up to 35 full scholarships are offered for one year Master Degree. Courses at various universities and professional institutions in the including courses in media, finance, economics, politics, law, management, engineering, gender, environment, democracy etc. The application form is available from this website only between 1 – 30 September 2007.The application form in hard copy will not provide at the British Council office.
Chevening is the government’s flagship scholarship scheme, aimed at future leaders, high achievers, opinion formers and decision-makers. The programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and administered by the British Council, supports over 2,300 international students annually to study in the UK.
Many talented graduates and young professional Indonesians have been propelled along the path to success through the British Chevening Awards, which has seen over 1,000 scholarships awarded to Indonesians since the scheme began in 1984.
Who can apply?
- Indonesian Citizen.
- Age between 25 – 40 years old.
- Excellent first degree with minimum GPA 3.0.
- Adequate level of spoken and written English language.
- Minimum of 2 years full time working experience after graduation from S1.
- Excellent career prospects.
- Commitment to career development, and ability to demonstrate motivation.
- Field of study should be relevant to educational background or current profession.
- We regret that we are unable to receive applications for MBAs.
- Previous recipients of a Chevening scholarship for Masters degrees are not eligible to reapply.
- Must be able to demonstrate future leadership potential and the capacity to play an important role in Indonesia’s development.
- Ability and potential to contribute to future bilateral relations between and Britain.
- We strongly encourage candidates from Eastern Indonesia to apply. Subject areas are: Media, International Relations, Environmental Policy, Local Governmental Administration, Democracy and Pluralism.
When to apply?
The application period for 2007 is from 1 September – 30 September 2007.
Jakarta Stock Exchange, Tower II, 16th floor. Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 52-53,
Monday – Thursday 09.00 – 16.00
Friday 09.00 – 14.00
T : +62 (0)21 515 5561
F : +62 (0)21 515 5562
original post by infobeasiswa